Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sincerely Jules pt 1

Welcome to our brand new Blogger of the Month series! It is no secret that the fashion world has become blog obsessed as of late, and we Melie Girls are no exception. Believe us when we say: bloggin' ain't easy, we know first hand! Diligent posting, expert styling, locale scouting, and amassing huge followings (all while remaining enviably stylish) are no simple tasks, and definitely something to be celebrated!

With that in mind we have decided to pay tribute to our favorite blogging ladies with our brand new Blogger of the Month series. First up is California native Julie Sarinana of Sincerely Jules who we have learned is not only gorgeous and talented, but super sweet as well!


How would you describe yourself and what you do?

As creative, honest, hardworking, achiever, passionate, genuine and shy.
I do multiple things in the creative/fashion field...one day can be wardrobe styling and the next can be helping with production for
Rihanna's tour. It always varies, which I love because I never know what to expect.




What is your take on the ever increasing importance placed on bloggers in the fashion world?

I think we are in a new time and while celebrities will always be influential, bloggers are the next up-and-coming people to influence
the fashion industry. A blogger may have a great impact on trends and brands, even more so then some celebrities because we
feel like we can relate more to bloggers.




What inspires your style?

Everything inspires my style, it can be architecture, the music I'm listening to, streetstyle, different cities...I mean, the list is endless.






What criteria do you use when selecting which outfits you will photograph?

There's really no criteria, it's just whenever I'm in the mood to actually take photos for my blog. I don't always want to carry a camera around and snap photos of what I'm wearing....I want to enjoy what I'm doing without having to worry about taking pictures sometimes.



What era of fashion is most influential to you personally?

I take inspiration from every era and combine it all together and into my own, but i personally love the punk british scene from the late 70's
and of course the 20's.





If you could raid anyone's closet living or dead who would it be and why?

Definitely Alexa Chung. She's so effortless.

What music are you currently listening to?

I'm definitely an R&B junkie...so I love listening to 90's r&b and aaliyah, maxwell, kid cudi, kanye, lauryn hill.





What trends are you looking forward to this season?

Looking forward to the whole nomad look for Fall + some trousers!



Check out part two of Julie's interview coming soon on the blog....but in the meantime enter to win her bag!






Love Julie's style? While we can't give you her effortless cool (sorry) we can help you win her bag! Leave your email address in the comments section to be entered into a drawing for the Keira! One lucky winner will be chosen at random!


Keira -$86









XOXO




NOTE: This give away is now closed! Thank you to everyone who entered, look out for the winner on our FACEBOOK page and keep checking back for part two of our interview with Jules where we will be giving away another bag!

53 comments:

Eva said...

nismoprincess@gmail.com

Unknown said...

petraromero@gmail.com

Lexi said...

lexiiiface@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

haimburgia@yahoo.com

Destiny said...

dflores412@yahoo.com

Tracey said...

traymona[at]aol.com

Tammie said...

chockle9@aol.com

Lanieekat said...

ekontra@dc.rr.com

Unknown said...

dandelionqueen@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

cathyl@celluphone.com

Anonymous said...

smile815m@aol.com

CyTo said...

cmumpy(at)gmail(dot)com

Cindy said...

sheepdotz(at)gmail(dot)com

getpalmd said...

sara@getpalmd.com

Dutchbrosluv said...

Dutchbrosluv@gmail.com

Lexiquin said...

What a great bag! I'd love to own it.
aleq13@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

MORTIZ4EVER@HOTMAIL.COM

Anonymous said...

jkys8675309 at yahoo dot com

hydeordie said...

alexishyde (at) gmail (dot) com

mc said...

invalidphotographs@hotmail.com

Chavon said...

OneofOne.Jewelry@gmail.com

Lovely!

Cindy said...

cinshin@gmail.com

Lisa O said...

lisa.owens@hotmail.com

Daisy said...

lasenoritadaisy@hotmail.com

Itzy said...

chitzylofe@gmail.com

Sharon Lei said...

Awesome new series. I heart Jules' blog. She totally knows how to rock it out.

I also LOVE this bag and need it in my life. Will be crossing my fingers and toes for this one!

xx Love & Aloha
mademoisellekitty@gmail.com

cindy! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy's life said...

I LOVE your bags! I am Obsessed!!!!!!

pinkhearts.sparkle@gmail.com

--Cindy

Amanda said...

Sweet!! Awesome bags!

aokawaii77@yahoo.com

Aly said...

orangealy@yahoo.com

o said...

I discovered your bags through Jules' blog a few weeks ago and I love it!! The one above is my favorite! Count me in:)

TheOwlsCloset (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anonymous said...

I like so much the interview, and the way she thinks!
Also the bag is very cute!

butterflyinrouge@hotmail.com

BeautyAndTheBrute said...

Khristine@myfitbeauty.com

Stephanie said...

Love the bags!
stephyori@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

taylorjmiller@live.com

:]]]]]

Aoife said...

aoife.clifford@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

i hope i win!
bburga@charter.net

kate said...

I love the chains on this bag!!
sideskh@gmail.com

Chavon said...

Very inspiring! Julie's a smart Gal!

isabel said...

isabel[at]cramer-hamburg.de

Caley said...

ccurtis@ursuline.org

Amanda said...

aokawaii77@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

love jules, love the bag

email: muellerap@gmail.com

Erika said...

deardearcloset@gmail.com
:)

Audriana said...

seriously, cutest cruelty-free bag i've ever seen!

alsviolante@yahoo.com

http://alsviolante.blogspot.com/

Valerie said...

droooooooolllll :) that bag is GORGEOUS!!!

val_dls@yahoo.com

http://studdedandspiked.tumblr.com

Anonymous said...

I admit it! I'm a purse-aholic! I need that bag!

amber said...

cute cute!!
amber

hodges.amberjean@gmail.com

Kaleido Mind said...

love it!:D

Anonymous said...

this bag is just gorgeous!!!would looove to win!

internodiciotto@hotmail.com

check out my blog, maybe you like it!!! have a giveaway too, but not that cool!!!! www.internodiciotto-fashion.blogspot.com

sissi

MarisaB said...

Love the style!

MarisaB said...

Marisabay@gmail.com

Emmett Katherine said...

I'm so sad I missed the giveaway, the bag would have been prefect to take to LG fashion (Canada) week.

Love the purses I've seen on your site, i have to say the classic chic line is my FAVE!

I'll have to keep my eye on your line, so i've added you to my blogroll:)

Emk

Pages

melie bianco. Powered by Blogger.